Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
We’re welcoming a collaborative and inspired Associate Creative Director – Design with a background in brand-focused design and direction. A passion for conceptual problem solving is a must-have, as you’ll partner with our Associate Creative Director – Copy to develop and guide our brand story throughout promotional advertising, experiential creative, social initiatives, and more.
You’ll also work closely with our Art Director in managing visual asset creation, production, and photography studio needs.
As a creative leader, you'll enjoy being a mentor to our team of dedicated designers, writers, videographers, and brand strategists. You’ll report directly to our Head of Brand Strategy and Communications.
- Partner with ACD, Copy in owning the creative process and executions on all assigned projects
- Understand the business needs and drive work that is disruptive and effective
- Build strong relationships with marketing partners in growth, PR, retention, social, and editorial
- Implement brand strategy through creative assets
- Provide design direction and manage a team of designers
- 8+ years of professional-level experience required in creative/graphic design within external or in-house agency with five or more years of leadership and management experience
- Portfolio required -- must demonstrate ability to conceptualize brand advertising and proven high performing digital campaigns
- Extensive experience with digital graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Broad knowledge of traditional, digital, social, direct response, and experiential advertising
- Flexibility in style and a well-rounded portfolio of excellent, thoughtful work
- Play well with others, build and maintain marketing partner relationships, and be comfortable representing work to internal audiences
- HTML proficiency a plus
- Experience with digital e-commerce and CPG brands a plus
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for wellness membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.