Would you call yourself a content evangelist? Have you roadshowed Content Strategy 101 presentations? Have research insights and deep user empathy driven you to have a vision for distributing messaging in the right place, at the right time? Do you want to lead a team, and own the strategy for best-in-class content for the top categories of products we sell?
If you answered Yes! to the above, wed love to meet you.
On our customer-facing Best in Class product team, were seeking a content strategy leader who will partner with product, user research, product design, vertical merchandising, engineering, analytics, and SEO to drive our category-level messaging strategy. As customers go to shop, say, mattresses and sofas, youll help determine what kind of guidance we should offer, the best medium for that information, how well store it in our content management system, and where, how, and why that guidance could be repurposed outside of the core funnel experience.
Youll also closely partner with Marketing and Brand to ensure that whenever and wherever we offer guidance, it always sounds like its coming from Wayfair. As we emerge in new markets, well want to commit to localizing this content, too, so youll get to know our Translations team. And wed like your help determining workflow efficiencies, so any experience with tagging, templatizing, and chunking text is a plus.
Ideal candidates are not only strategic thinkers, but also sought-after collaborators and strong UX writers who work well in entrepreneurial environments.
More specifics on role and scope:
- Lead the content strategy for top categories on our Best in Class product team
- Informed by user research, data analytics, and our brand positioning, set a vision for why, where, and when guidance content should be surfaced across the core funnel experience
- Set a vision for why, where, and when guidance content could be repurposed across channels and orgs outside of your immediate product domain
- Partner closely with the Global Content Operations team to model and manage guidance content in our CMS
- Ensure cohesive messaging and platform-appropriate content standards across app, mobile web, and desktop
- Ensure that guidance content is properly translated and localized
- Identify workflow efficiencies by exploring tagging and templatizing
- Manage at least 3 other content strategists and determine why and when we may need to hire on Best in Class
- Work collaboratively with product managers, user researchers, product designers (UX/UI), vertical merchandisers, engineers, SEO leads, marketers, and brand captains to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
Desired skills & experience:
- +10 years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates how youve evolved, accelerated, and evangelized content impact, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- An entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically -- understanding how design, product, engineering, and content strategy work together to provide customers with a cohesive, end-to-end message
- Strong leadership, time-management, and organizational skills
Our team is a mix of former travel writers, magazine editors, content marketers, TV producers, and academics. Were looking for culture adds, not fits. We believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds only strengthen our team.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.