Americas Test Kitchen seeks a talented associate editor to edit content for the print and online versions of its flagship publication, Cooks Illustrated Magazine. If youre a detail-oriented editor; an engaging writer; and have a passion for food and cooking, this job may be for you.
What youll do:
- Research, write, and edit articles, short pieces, and sidebars for print and web on topics including food history and culture, recipe development, and science.
- Help attract new audiences to our website by repurposing published print material into a more dynamic digital format, along with creating new web-only content.
- Update the Cooks Illustrated home page with engaging, tightly edited headlines and help produce digital version of print magazine.
- Take part in daily recipe tastings with the Cooks Illustrated team and contribute feedback that helps determine a new recipes direction.
What were looking for:
- Editorial and/or journalism experience, preferably 3+ years.
- Witty, creative writer with excellent research skills.
- Deep knowledge ofand interest infood and cooking.
- Fluency in digital publishing tools (CMS, digital asset management, etc.).
- Flexible team player who is comfortable with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Why youll love working with us:
- We have great people: The Cooks Illustrated teamand the entire Americas Test Kitchen staffis a smart, dedicated bunch that works hard and has fun doing it.
- We eat well: Not only will you be tasting great food in the test kitchen, but theres a take-home fridge where you can often grab dinner for that night.
- We have nice digs: The Test Kitchen office is a big, modern, sun-filled space in the Seaport.