Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products and tools make saving and investing accessible, affordable and simplified, in order to help our users build and grow generational wealth. We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Staff Accountant who will join our accounting team and participate in our monthly close and accounting operations processes. Reporting into the Senior Accounting Manager, this hire will play a key role in ensuring our accounting records are accurate, contributing to Stashs long-term growth.
What you'll do:
- Perform month-end close activities which includes preparing monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP
- Develop and enhance accounting procedures and internal controls over financial reporting
- Perform the monthly flux analyses for P&L and other financial statements
- Participate in the evaluation, development, and implementation of accounting policies, processes, and internal controls to support Stashs growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments on an ongoing-basis as part of the day to day accounting operations
- Assist with year-end audit procedures and respond to audit requests and inquiries
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and strategic initiatives, as needed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- CPA eligible highly preferred
- 1-4 years experience at Big 4 accounting firm or related industry experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Enthusiasm to collaborate cross-functionally and influence change and accounting enhancements
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**