America's Test Kitchen Kids is looking for an Assistant Video Editor to create content across our media platforms. This dynamic creator will edit videos that fulfill our mission to create a new generation of empowered cooks, engaged eaters, and curious experimenters. This role will work closely with the Kids Content team and under the direction of the Executive Video Producer.
- Edit short form video content for ATK Kids media channels
- Edit and work on graphics and simple animations
- Organize media and assist with other AE tasks
- Caption and QC video files
- Become an expert and stay up to date in Kids video content and best practices
- Help produce the creative ideas for ongoing Kids Video projects
- Meet tight deadlines and multi-task to efficiently complete competing priorities
- Assist with additional video production as needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience editing digital video content
- Expert in Adobe Premiere
- Experience with After Effects and able to open and edit graphics
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to do basic color correction and audio post-production in Premiere
- Must have a collaborative team-oriented mentality along with the ability to work independently
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Culinary video experience and a passion for cooking a plus
- Experience working on content for younger audiences a plus
WHO WE ARE
Americas Test Kitchen has been teaching home cooks how to be successful in the kitchen since 1993. Our mission is to empower and inspire confidence, community, and creativity in the kitchen. Millions watch our two shows on public television, read our two flagship magazines (Cooks Illustrated and Cooks Country), and rely on our books, websites, videos, and podcasts. America's Test Kitchen is located in a state-of-the-art Boston facility with 15,000 sq. ft. of test kitchen and studio space. More than 50 test cooks exhaustively test recipes until we arrive at the best version. A panel of 60,000 highly engaged volunteer home cooks provides detailed feedback on our recipes so we know they work every time. We also rate cookware and supermarket ingredients to help home cooks select the best-quality products. The America's Test Kitchen television show launched in 2001, and the company added a second television program, Cook's Country, in 2008. Americas Test Kitchen Kids launched in 2018 and offers books, subscription boxes, and a website to educate the next generation of home cooks.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as well as links to your work/reel.
We at Americas Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.