The Assistant Corporate Controller will be responsible for creating and leading the control functions of the business and will report directly to the CFO. The role will require establishing, evolving and executing all aspects of closing the books, Sales Audit, AR, AP and payroll. This is a great opportunity for an accountant hoping to leapfrog the typical growth ladder or hoping to apply to business school after two years.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes, experiences and capabilities:
- 2 – 5 years accounting experience, either with a national accounting firm or Fortune 100 company
- Willingness and capability to succeed independently and be productive in an isolated environment
- Comfort working within a startup environment
- Capable of providing insight from the financial processes and then using this insight to inform the management team for corporate/strategic improvements
- Leveraging an understanding of the business operations (sales, operations, etc.) to create processes that can scale with strong operational efficiencies
- Team player mentality, committed to success of the business
- Ability to give face to face presentations to executive management
- Willingness to teach and to be taught
- Fun — bring a sense of humor!!
- Bring solutions, not problems. If you can’t solve a problem, ask for help – don’t complain
- Be likable – we’re building a great business together, so let’s enjoy the ride
- Take your job seriously, but not yourself
- Competitive base salary; aggressive, uncapped variable opportunity, equity
- Customary health and dental benefits