Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
- Highly analytical and able to interpret data to make informed decisions
- Quick learning self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and technically adept
- Have curiosity and desire to continuously learn and share with the broader team
- Six to ten years related business experience; four years experience at one of the Big Four accounting firms is preferable. Experience in SaaS is preferable.
- Have a Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- Are a certified CPA (not required, but preferred)
What skills do I need?
- Strong knowledge of accounting terms and processes, with a focus on US GAAP and ASC606 revenue recognition
- Hands-on knowledge with Netsuite, Sage Intacct, or other accounting applications
- Experience leading transition from Quickbooks to Netsuite is preferable
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in motivating the finance professionals and ensuring team members constantly develop and meet their career goals
- Own, continuously iterate on, and optimize the day-to-day accounting functions, including: revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, international consolidations, payroll and monthly financial reporting.
- Manage and streamline the month-end close process by reviewing inefficiencies and adding processes that can make each month a smoother close than the last.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain and develop internal control/safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and actual expenditures
- Manage internal and external financial reporting, including preparing reports and presentations for the companys board of directors
- Coordinate activities of external auditors and bookkeepers
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff
- Finance team
Working At Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.