Office Tour Photos
Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Current metal 3D printers are out of reach for most engineers and designers. They are industrial, cost-prohibitive, and can be dangerous. We are making an affordable, office-friendly system so that every design and engineering team has the ability to 3D print with metal.
Desktop Metal is located 30min outside of Boston. We've raised over $420 million from investors that include Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE, and have put together a talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans. Join us as we change the way products are designed and produced with metal
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the financial activities of the company including the monthly closing process, account reconciliations, and analysis. This position will assist in financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and support with budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes ensuring accurate and timely recording and reporting of all accounts and financial statements. Responsible for preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
- Prepare monthly financials for department managers and respond to inquires
- Assist with external audits including the preparation of schedules to support quarterly and annual audits
- Responsible for revenue recognition preparation
- Experience with GAAP revenue recognition guidance with multiple deliverables, including software, and the ability to apply them when reviewing contracts
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and payroll
- Participate in ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain, develop and implement standard operating procedures for the accounting function (ensure the proper controls are in place and continually strive to optimize and automate processes to maintain the accuracy of accounts and financial statements)
- Independently analyze and evaluate accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance with applicable accounting rules and assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and/or interpretations
- Assist with taxes preparation and investor reporting
- Assist with annual budget, forecast and ad hoc projects
- Minimum Five (5) years of relative professional experience. CPA preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and able to provide solid audit trails
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Infor (Syteline) ERP System, a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance required
Position is based in Burlington, MA and does not offer relocation benefits