Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
We are looking for a passionate, talented and creative Applied Scientist to help build industry-leading language solutions to enhance user-product interactions and provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As a Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. This involves:
· Researching the latest modeling techniques. Understanding trade-offs between competing approaches, and identifying the ones that are likely to have real impact on our customers.
· Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language processing modules and to study the effect of different modeling techniques.
· Implementing and/or improving modeling tools and prototypes utilizing programming skills in Python, Java and/or C++.
· Analyzing data to identify areas for future improvements and/or enhancements.
· Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and beyond.
Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s extensive data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or related technical field with experience in machine learning or machine learning, natural language process or computer science
· Familiar with programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, or Perl
· Strong Machine Learning background and familiarity with standard machine learning techniques
· A scientific thinker with the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that advance the field
· Experience with speech recognition and/or natural language processing
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
More Jobs From