The Amazon Alexa teams are building speech and language solutions which will enhance user interactions with Amazon products and services.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Research/Applied Scientist to join our team. As a Scientist in the Wakeword team within the Speech organization, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms to advance the state of the art in Speech detection. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech technology. You will be able to leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in speech/non-speech detection under a diverse set of usage scenarios and noise-conditions.
You will be able to:
· Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
· Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
· Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related fields with specialization in speech recognition or signal processing.
· Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results.
· Knowledge of algorithms and computational complexity.
· Experience in Python or similar scripting language.
· Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related fields with specialization in speech recognition or signal processing.
· Ability to relate to and solve business problems through data mining and statistical algorithms.
· Aspiration to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
· Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
· Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· Algorithm development experience
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
· Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
· Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
· Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
More Jobs From