Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our team's mission is the enable Alexa to understand sounds and vocalization beyond speech. As an Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics
· 5+ years of related work experience
· Familiarity with standard speech and machine learning techniques, scientific thinking, and the ability to invent
· Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java
· PhD with specialization in speech recognition, audio and speech processing, machine learning
· Strong publication record
· Strong software development skills
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
More Jobs From