The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
The Application Specialist is an important bridge between Tours Engineering and the stakeholders within EF. You will play a critical role in the support, training, maintenance and development of EF Educational Tours customer-facing and business applications. You will function as the subject matter expert for the technology and business processes you're supporting, translating specific business needs into functional requirements and working side-by-side with development teams and users.
What youll do:
- Utilize and grow your understanding of EF and Educational Tours business systems knowledge
- Collaborate with Product Management and technical partners to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria for projects
- Collaborate with Product Management to communicate stakeholder/end user needs/expectations
- Provide software support/guidance to business users by answering questions on functionality, features and usage of software products in collaboration with Product Management
- Validate bugs and user-reported issues; escalate and communicate cross-functionally, where required
- Work closely with Product Owners to translate business needs into specific requirements and create the appropriate tickets
- Documentation & Training
- Develop training materials & documentation in conjunction with the rollout of new features and applications. Responsible for keeping training materials and documentation up to date.
- Create documentation of application workflows relevant for the business
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
- Develop & maintain a comprehensive test plan for designated applications in collaboration with development teams. Ensure business processes, primary flows and edge cases are considered
- Help with any set up required for test plans to be executed (ex: test scenarios, account creation, etc.)
- Execute against a set of tests; primary focus is on regression tests
- Preparation for and scheduling of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions with stakeholders, end users and development teams
Who you are:
- Has a good foundation at EF having built successful relationships across the business
- Must be able to interact well with business users at all different levels
- Natural curiosity around technology
- Able to identify problems AND brings valuable problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Be a strong team player while having the capacity to work independently
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.