The Application Development- Senior Analyst ETL for Retail Systems will act as a member of the Front Store Retail Merchandising/Inventory/Marketing/Data Warehouse team responsible for designing, developing and deploying business intelligence and data warehousing projects using extensive technical skills in Database Development and ETL and build strategies for the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) portion of projects using Informatica Power Center 10 and above, Informatica IDE, Data Transformation Services (B2B), Data Services, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server utilities.
The Application Developer will be responsible for:
- Participate in key Business Initiatives and recommend business and IT technical solutions to business partners.
- Gather requirements and create architectural, detail design documents and mapping documents.
- Develop queries, reports and database stored procedures.
- Develop and maintain data models across multiple database technologies.
- Review and analyze functional requirements and mapping documents.
- Review, update, and maintain ETL related system architecture documentation.
- Stored Procedures, views, External Tables, SQL Querying and Performance Finetuning.
- Develop Informatica objects, including mappings, sessions, and workflows based on the prepared low-level design documents.
- Create ETL programs that interface across multiple technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, and IBM Mainframe, Azure Cloud, Hadoop and Snowflake.
- Assist with debugging the Informatica mappings and
Fine-tune mappings and maplets for performance optimization.
- Responsible for problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions.
- Work with team leads and business analysts to provide support and contribution in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
- Assist in deploying and migrating products within the production environment,
- Deploy and Follow through with Business in a timely manner and with deliver results high quality.
- Work collaboratively with Operation Support Teams in providing necessary tertiary support and work critical production Issues.
- Follow CVS Standards and Procedures using the Tools approved by CVS Development Team.
- Adhere to all security and compliance standards set forth by the IT team through out development life cycle and every day work and make sure strictly adherence to compliance.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL Application development and/or other Dimensional - Star/snowflake, RDBMS Database/Data Warehouse Concepts/Designs
- 2+ years experience in Modern database technologies (such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server,ect) Writing Code using database, ideally in a project team set up where you became familiar with Project Life Cycle and config management and deployment tools
- 1+ year of experience in one or more of the following retail domain areas: retail Sales, Purchases, Shipments, Event and Pricing of Merchandising functional Areas.
- Experience with Oracle 12c, Oracle Tools such as SQL Loader, External Tables and Stored Procedures and Pro*C programs.
- Experience in Informatica Toolset including Informatica Intelligence Cloud Services
- Strong Database skills, experience in writing queries, Data Mining experience
- Experience with Teradata Database and various related tools such as BTEQ, MLOAD, FASTLOAD, FAST EXPORT, TPT etc. in large Data Warehouse environments is preferred.
- Experience and/or exposure to Snowflake will be preferred.
- Experience and/or exposure to Python will be preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time and be flexible to switch to new tasks, technology as the situation demands and willing to work on continuous improvement.
- Must have good trouble-shooting skills and be able to interact with IT and business teams in a professional setting.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science Engineering or related field or relevant work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.