NWN Carousel is the leading Cloud Communications Service Provider (CCSP) focused on transforming the customer and workspace experience for commercial, enterprise, and public sector organizations. We deliver hybrid work experiences for millions of users across North America’s 7,000 leading organizations. Our integrated devices, communications apps, AI-enabled contact centers, networking, security, and analytics allow our customers to learn, discover, work, and connect from anywhere - all delivered as a cloud service that’s simple to use and manage. To learn more about our solutions please visit www.nwncarousel.com
The Principal Consultant role is a subject matter expert responsible for implementing and maintaining technical solutions for our customers. In this role you will lead/contribute to the requirements gathering, design, implementation and maintenance of software application solutions. The ideal candidate has in depth software development and/or implementation experience on work or service management platforms.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing new technical solutions and maintaining existing technical solutions for our customers
Interprets technology vision into practical application:
- Applies technology to standard methodology.
- Collaborates on vision and direction.
Consolidates experiences and identifies meaningful trends:
- Makes recommendations to leadership team.
- Patterns in failed\successful projects.
- Analysis on PMO supplied project success data.
Maintains technical library:
- Processes docs
- As Built docs – functional, technical, components
- Templates – design/as-built/checklists.
Provides partial and turn-key project implementation:
- Selective assignments (turn-key).
- Provides design phase oversight selectively.
- Technical escalation point for active projects.
- Advise stakeholders in their efforts to take advantage of solution capabilities.
- Drive efforts for identifying business need, requirements identification, process definition, re-engineering and gap analysis of current/future-state solutions, guiding users as necessary in providing the business requirements for the functional aspects of a solution.
- Drive technical solution design and/or lead design workshops for the technical solution.
- Prepare deliverables capturing business need, requirements, solution acceptance criteria, solution design, testing strategy, and as built.
- Support users reviewing and approving solution defined.
- Drive solution build and/or lead solution build in partnership with other technical resources.
- Support user acceptance testing of solutions and deployments.
- Prepare and maintain deliverables focused on process.
- Prepare knowledge documents and make available to team or customer as appropriate.
- Prepare deliverables documenting an implementation plan for offering solutions and drive initial customer implementations, refining implementation plan.
- Promote continuous improvement practices for team and technical solutions.
- Consistent, accurate and timely tracking of notes and work status within a Sprint and Release.
- Travel: To platform related team meetings as needed.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- 10+ years of experience developing and implementing software applications and platforms, including requirement definition phase for ServiceNow, a similar platform, or custom software solutions.
- 10+ years of experience with IT project management or technical experience.
- 10+ years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
- 12+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
- Knowledge of both project management and agile best practices.
- Advanced level experience (reorganizing large or complex projects into master and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization) with management tool, such as MS Project or Excel.
- Highly flexible, self-directed and with ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to function effectively in fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise exceptional judgment where practices and policies are not clearly defined.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and potentially, multiple teams.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional client facing communications and presentation skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must supply reliable cell phone. Cell phone costs may be reimbursed.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PMP Certification beneficial.
- Technical certifications beneficial.
NWN Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer: NWN Carousel provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.