About App Buy
The Buy engineering, product, analytics and marketing teams collaborate to help customers make a confident purchase decision, and once they have made a decision we help them purchase quickly and seamlessly. Our vision is to make the buying experience on Wayfairs family of Apps the most convenient, frictionless, and delightful mobile app buying experience out there. Not just for the home, but in general. Buys areas of responsibility are the product detail page, shipping messaging, user generated content, cart, and the checkout experience.
What You'll Do
- Major contributor and/or tech lead of complex mobile initiatives, including architecting and developing new features, application maintenance and refactoring, and increased performance and automation.
- Follow and uphold best practices and coding standards across the entire team; review code and provide guidance for other code reviewers participating in our release approval process. Being passionate about test coverage and quality engineering are paramount.
- Work closely with product and engineering management to anticipate areas for improvement and investment, and to discuss any concerns w/ current direction.
- Contributes to our technical roadmap
- Collaborate cross functionally with quality, UX, back-end/API, product, analytics, and other teams.
- Identify and raise opportunities for improvements in our area of the codebase
- Review code and provide clear feedback to other developers on your team and adjacent groups.
- Though primarily focused on Android, collaborate with iOS and full-stack teams to solve regressions and/or bridge feature parity gaps.
- Lead by example; share knowledge, experience, and best practices through mentoring, tech talks, and presentations.
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of professional Android development on publicly available apps.
- At least 1-2+ years experience leading teams in a senior capacity (or tech lead).
- A passion for writing clean, readable, and thoroughly tested code, and an eagerness to share your expertise with others.
- A mastery of Android fundamentals, interacting with endpoints, debugging, and memory management.
- Experience having architected or designed complex features with product managers or other stakeholders
- A deep understanding of architecture patterns such as MVP, MVVM, Clean/VIPER, etc., as well as async patterns
- A drive to learn about new libraries and technologies, stay on the cutting edge of the evolving mobile landscape and an eagerness to create experiences that will delight users.
- A genuine belief that constructive and respectful code reviews are the bedrock of a healthy team.
- Knowledge of Material Design, Android UI/UX development, and best practices.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger
- Knowledge of GraphQL, familiarity with building retail e-commerce applications, experience w/ Jetpack Compose are a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.