There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldnt you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich? Notarize is the first on-demand notary platform, allowing anyone to notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
Notarize Android Developers are able to rapidly build high-quality Android applications. Well-qualified candidates have an excellent knowledge of the Android platform, Test-Driven Development, performance, debugging, refactoring, design patterns, and other important programming practices.
We are looking for a mid-level or senior Android Developer who wants to build and implement our Android application features and other future product offerings.
Note: This person in this role will start off as a Remote/WFH employee, but we'd ideally like someone in the greater Boston area so they can be part of the Boston office team, if and when our office does open back up.
Our tech stack:
- 100% Kotlin
- CLEAN architecture
- Flux/reactive architecture
What you'll do as our Android Developer:
- Develop and maintain the Android experience using Kotlin
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
What you have:
- Great attention to detail
- Deep understanding of modern Android development
- Demonstrated ability to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code
- Concern for quality and enthusiasm for writing unit tests
- Product releases! You have at least one app or project in the works that you can tell us about
- Familiarity/experience with our tech stack would be a plus
Our engineering culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight deployment cycle. We ship code 2x/week on our web apps and back end, and weekly on mobile, with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: Were a small startup with big plans, and theres so much to do. Whether its an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasnt been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru) (when the office is actually open, which it hopefully be will be at some point)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
More Jobs From