Our Data Science & Analytics team brings new and existing cutting-edge machine learning technologies to solve problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology. We work with large, multi-source datasets that include medical claims, mobile app, and care management data. Our mission is to gain 360-degree insights into patients lives both within and outside of the healthcare system, and to use these insights to build a better digital healthcare product that is tailored for specific patient populations.
We are seeking an Analytics Engineer to contribute to our ongoing business intelligence and external reporting efforts. You will work closely with our Product and Client Services and Operations teams to translate client needs into optimal quantitative metrics based on Wellframes data model and analytic capabilities. This will involve identifying gaps between existing and desired metrics, implementing best practices in scalable data reporting, collaboration with the Engineering team for data model change recommendations, development and communication of new reports to clients, and expertise with our business intelligence tool, Looker.
Areas of Responsibility
- Designing and building analytic data models that support client facing reports and answering questions from our internal teams.
- Partnering with engineering stakeholders to understand problems and potential solutions; analyzing disparate data sets in creative ways to generate new insights and recommendations.
- Developing innovative metrics for measuring performance of the core product; setting benchmarks and providing the means to monitor progress towards targets.
- Identifying gaps between current and ideal client reporting.
- Developing and communicating strong opinions about best practices for data warehouse design, data modeling and dashboard design.
- Communicating data-driven insights to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Ensuring reporting is accurate, reliable, secure, and scalable.
- Providing internal recommendations to engineering team for data model improvements.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior analysts.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in an analytics role with a client facing focus; experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience building reports and dashboards using a data visualization tool (eg. Looker, Tableau, Qlik).
- Familiarity with the implementation process of a BI tool.
- Deep understanding of SQL in analytical data warehouses (eg. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift).
- Experience with Git and the command line.
- Proficiency with basic statistics.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.