ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Are you passionate about data? How about leveraging data to drive meaningful impact across both the supply and demand sides of a two-sided marketplace, as well as a highly sophisticated customer support organization? Have opinions on how to best enable data scientists across a billion-dollar company to do elastic workforce planning or real-time customer lifetime value prediction? Then we should definitely talk!
The Data Technology team at ezCater is growing! Data plays a key strategic component across the company - from advanced, real-time machine learning to business intelligence and data governance. Data is our differentiator and how we will drive real, meaningful impact to the $60+billion Catering industry.
We are expanding our Data Tech team by bringing on engineers who live and breathe data. The ideal candidate enjoys the data modeling, architecture, and validation process, and cares about driving direct business impact through producing lightning-fast, bulletproof data marts. You will have the opportunity to work directly with executive stakeholders as we embark on a massive-scale data modeling effort across the organization, so flexibility and the ability to translate business asks to implementation are key. The concept of data governance and the phrase shift-left on BI should get you excited! You should dream in SQL, and be a Snowflake whisperer.
What youll do:
- Write and ship a lot of code. Mostly SQL in Snowflake.
- Work directly with analysts and stakeholders to refine requirements, nail down calculations, and debug and qualify produced data sets to ensure they meet the underlying business needs.
- Design and develop high-performance data models.
- Identify opportunities to optimize or scale existing parts of our stack.
- Monitor warehouse and ETL performance and cost estimations and look for ways to drive down our warehouse and infrastructure costs while improving quality.
- Contribute to team process and community.
- Be part of our innovation and transformation story.
- Experience with data warehousing, data lakes, ELT process, and enterprise data platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or AzureProficiency in SQL is required.
- A background in modern production programming languages is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- An open mind and willingness to be flexible. We have a large and complex business, and believe in driving real value out of every project we do.
- Our stack is: Snowflake, DBT, Stitch, Airflow, AWS, Sagemaker, MLFlow, Kubernetes + Docker, plus Ruby and Python for custom ETL and data science integrations.
- Any experience with the above is a nice-to-have, a desire to learn is a must.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.