The EF Tours Marketing Technology and Operations function is a team of professionals driving the execution and analytics of omnichannel marketing campaigns and customer journeys. This central team is accountable for all of data and insights powering campaigns for multiple tours brands within EF, including EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America. This team creates and maintains automations for data processing, builds business rules for segmentations, orchestrates customer journeys across 100s of touch points, and develops marketing dashboards for stakeholders.
We are looking to add an experienced analytics engineer who will collaborate with analysts, data scientists, engineers, and executive stakeholders to understand marketing and sales strategy by developing data models that will empower personalized marketing at scale.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in elevating data capabilities of the Marketing organization by creating actionable data sets for campaign analysts and business intelligence analysts
- Develop a detailed knowledge of sales funnel and CRM data structure to create business logic that will reduce analysts time to create campaign segments by up to 50%
- Create email performance data model, and aggregate metrics that will be utilized by business intelligence analysts to create actionable reports and dashboards
- Create marketing campaign results data model using campaign performance data from digital channels such as Facebook, Google and other digital channels
- Collaborate with data engineering to ensure marketing data models are created following engineering best practices and governance standards
Who you are:
You are an expert in data modeling, who is comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies, complexity, and size. You have a passion for data governance and ownership for new and existing data models.
We ask that you have:
- 6+ years of hands-on industry experience with data modeling and data analytics
- Extensive expertise with Microsoft SQLServer (2016+) and Transact-SQL
- Advanced SQL expertise with multi-stage transformations and usage of more sophisticated transformation tools and methods, such as windowing functions and temp tables in Transact-SQL
- Experience implementing business logic into models that successfully drive business value
- Experience building database objects and data transformations using a git-based workflow
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate business concepts to partner analysts and teams
- Applied experience with relational modeling, star schemas, Kimball Data Warehousing and exposure to Data Vault
- A drive to learn the intricacies of the business, with a versatile and dynamic understanding of businesses youve worked with in the past
Nice to have skills:
- Exposure to Snowflake
- Experience defining and implementing a global data catalog for end user reference
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- A working knowledge of modeling with Analysis Services, both on-prem and Azure
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.