WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
The Analytics and Insights Manager serves as a critical function in our growing Data and Analytics team. You will be responsible for the ongoing analytics and insights practice of multiple departments and responsible for ensuring that we continue to accelerate our approaches with a data first perspective.
This will involve working across the analytics team, but also being deeply ingrained with specific functional departments, such as Marketing, Operations and Product ensuring that they receive support in developing consistent and ad hoc analytics needs to improve overall performance.
The Analytics and Insights Manager will be the key role responsible for synthesizing the data available to deliver highly actionable, strategic, insights at the core of the business. You will have the opportunity to influence the strategies of the Data and Analytics team and the company's overall growth strategy!
We are looking for self-driven individuals who are curious, story-oriented analysts, that are looking to make an impact inside an extraordinarily fast paced and fun culture.
Core Competencies that are key for this role:
Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to interpret and clearly communicate findings and business outcomes
Adept at synthesizing actionable insights and strategic recommendations from multiple data sources
Ability to contextualize data into functional stories that leverage internal and external data to drive business decisions
Proficient at using multiple approaches to extract and connect data needed for analysis
Understanding of analysis and data from multiple data ecosystems including product, consumer, marketing, sales, and mobile app
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify metrics to be tracked, including core success measures, key performance indicators, population segments, etc.
- Produce recommendations and reports to help stakeholders make decisions regarding segmentation, performance, and prioritization from a data driven perspective
- Model trends in our data to develop cadenced insight and reporting deliverables, as well as ad hoc analytics
- Present analysis conclusions to team members in a clear, interpretable, and applicable way that can be shared widely.
- Create data visualizations via presentations, dashboards, reports, etc. to display findings and results utilizing various tools (Excel, PowerPoint, BI Tools, etc.)
- Deliver actionable strategic and tactical recommendations in a consultative approach to support business objectives
- Assist in translating business stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables
- Proactively monitor metrics and make recommendations to maximize performance results and ROI
- Collaborate with Data and Analytics team at large to develop ongoing improvements to institutional data quality/governance, tools, and approaches
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline preferred (Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, or Economics)
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in an analytics role preferred
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience in building financial models using different data sources and tools
- Practiced in data mining, advanced analytics and statistical modeling
- Advanced critical thinking skills to scope and frame problems
- Ability to effectively plan and manage concurrent responsibilities autonomously
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to establish critical partnerships with cross- functional teams
- Web & Product Analytics tools: Google Analytics/Amplitude/Adobe Analytics etc
- Analytics Coding Proficiency: SQL (required) , R, Python (preferred)Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, Looker
- Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)/Google (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
REPORTS TO: SVP Analytics, Marketing
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.