Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
This position will oversee the engagement of the industry analyst community with a goal of driving greater awareness of Brightcove and increased referrals from analysts. This role requires an understanding of the Brightcove value proposition and product offering to be able to position with the relevant analysts. Working with senior leaders at the company develops a constructive, consultative relationship between Brightcove and the analyst community.
This individual excels at the fundamentals: bringing established relationships with leading industry analyst firms, and a proven track record of managing analyst relationships, strategic planning and execution of briefings, analyst tours and strategy days, and growing coverage and favorable product evaluations performed by analyst firms.
- Develop and implement strategic endpoint analyst relations plans in alignment with company portfolio and growth objectives.
- Drive analyst awareness of Brightcove and significantly expand analyst understanding and support of our differentiation and value propositions.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Marketing, executives, and other cross functional teams to build and execute strategic plans, analyst engagements, and strong customer reference pipeline engagements.
- Bring deep experience and a successful track record of participation in major analyst research such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves, and IDC MarketScapes. Experience of Media influencers is also beneficial.
- Deepen and broaden relationships between Brightcove and the global analyst community. Build relationships with analysts by effectively communicating Brightcove POV, value propositions, use cases, announcements.
- Generate Analyst Relations content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, rebuttals and responses to crises and issues
- Drive the execution of proactive product inbound/outbound communications to generate strategic engagement & advice with/from the analyst community
- Interact with and support the business, solution management, field marketing, solution/partner marketing, field sales, other comms functions, globally and with specific regions as needed
- Provide feedback on content and messages. Prepare spokespeople for analyst engagements.
- Manage reporting, results analysis and distribution of all key analyst reports to bring key insights and efficiency to the organization.
- Advise senior leaders and internal teams about analysts perceptions about Brightcove, competitive insights and industry trends.
- Collaborate across marketing, product teams, senior executives, and sales to integrate analyst relations activities to support programs, campaigns, key announcements and events.
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, surveys, fact checks, customer references, and events.
- 5+ years in analyst relations
- A team player with a positive attitude and a collaborative work style
- Trusted relationships with analysts and influencers
- Knowledge of trends in communications and analyst relations
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience working directly with executives, product management and product marketing functions
- Proven and successful in balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems and secure opportunities
- Ability to develop metrics, build executive summaries and communicate business and technology insights
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong project management and time management skills
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
+ Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!