The Business Lines Rate and Profitability team is responsible for maintaining business lines products by implementing rating changes to support continued profitability and growth. We are looking to hire a product analyst to join our team whose job grade will be based on prior experience. In this role, you will own product changes for business lines products from initial scoping and scheduling through filing and implementation. You will lead meetings with business stakeholders, perform rate impact and dislocation analysis, and support continuous improvement projects as we strive develop best-in-class processes. Read on to learn about job responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits.
In this role you will:
- Conduct moderate complexity product analysis under minimal supervision.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance rate modeling tools as part of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned line(s) of business, including rate revision tools, processes, and key priorities.
- Query data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Serve as point person for country wide initiatives and their implementation.
- Provide recommendations to training and processes to manager/mentor
- Perform analysis and provides recommendations to help support business decisions.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations to state teams on pricing, strategy, etc.
- Conduct in-depth research of competitor filings utilizing various sources.
- Research may be at the state, competitor, or countrywide level.
- Develop subject matter expertise on product pricing and strategy and makes clear recommendations to achieve desired results.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of instructions and training materials. May begin creating and updating training materials.
- Actively share job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- Lead job shadow discussions with less experienced analysts.
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more relevant work experience
- Proficient in Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS)
- Must have strong planning, organization, analytical, decision-making and communication skills
- Leadership experience and directly managing others beneficial
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 2 years, typically 3 years or more of relevant experience.
- Completion on product development program.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.