"Open to Remote Candidates
Are you looking for a role where you can develop and implement solutions that directly impact our top and bottom line? Our State Management team within Global Retail Markets is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our group.
In this position you will be responsible for state-level analytical work, creating and implementing unique solutions to business problems across our Personal Lines and Business Lines markets. The analyst would have the overall goal of providing support to Directors of State Operation (DSOs) as they develop and execute strategies that leverage their deep understanding of local markets to drive profitable growth, while working in partnership with the Product Economics teams to analyze state-specific outliers. You will also lead cross-functional workstreams, and present analyses and proposals to leadership in our organization. In this role you will report to the Director, Product Analysis within the State Management regional team.
- Lead and execute complex analyses that support single or multi-state level strategies, often including recommending initiatives to improve competitiveness, operational efficiency, and profitability while taking state level compliance constraints into account.
- Build and independently manage assigned projects and execute to deliver results on task, on time and on budget.
- Effectively creates alignment with internal and cross-functional teams on key organizational goals.
- Presents analyses to DSOs, RPMs, senior leadership and other cross-functional partners in a fashion that translates complex work into an easy, digestible story with an appropriate level of detail.
- Mentor, formally and informally, by becoming a subject matter expert for analysts across State Management and provide basic analytical coaching to less experienced analysts.
Note: This is a range posting and the level will be determined based on experience.
- Bachelor's degree ideally in business, economics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 2 years, typically 3 or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in insurance
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g. SAS)
- Must have good planning, organization, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (Personal and/or Business Lines and systems used).
- Knowledge of insurance concepts and financial metrics, preferred experience with product offerings, business processes and systems as well as how state regulations impact the business
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.