Why You Matter
You are an Agile Coach with a passion and a purpose: to lead Agile Transformations through your deep understanding of why and how Agile works. You know that Agile is a mindset and you lead through those values and principles. You understand that Agile Transformation doesn’t come through rigidity and dogma but passion, discipline & empowered teams.
If this describes you, Carbon Black needs your expertise to help with a C-Level supported Agile Transformation.
You’ll have autonomy to quickly fit into a fast moving transformation, working with other Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Agile Teams and an Agile Transformation Team.
What You’ll Do
- Coach teams and individuals with respect and empathy on Agility as a mindset.
- Coach teams and individuals with awareness of their level of Agile maturity.
- Lead through Agile values and principles and coach teams to be empowered, self-organized and disciplined.
- Be able to step back and see the big picture of the transformation looking for strengths and weaknesses.
- Work with the Agile Transformation team to ensure we are continuously improving and removing Organizational Impediments
- Identify techniques for effective product backlog management in partnership with product owners and help the team understand the need for clear and concise user stories
- Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor them for indications of current or potential problems, and assist the team to implement solutions to those problems
What You’ll Bring
- A passion for Agile Transformation and mastery of your craft.
- Deep understanding of Agile and lean concepts and in depth knowledge of one or more agile frameworks, preferably from Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with at least one scaling framework (Scrum at Scale, SAFe, LeSS, DAD, etc) but more importantly you understand how to apply the right approach based on the situation.
- Capable of coaching cross-functional technical teams in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Dynamic and engaging facilitation skills.
- Experience working with tools like Jira, Confluence, Test Track and Aha!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or Similar
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- At least 4 years experience as Senior Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Certified Scrum Master
You are a servant leader who easily gains respect from your team. You possess a willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done; the ability to foster team collaboration; enthusiasm and high-energy; assertiveness/ ability to ensure Agile & Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; and a continual desire to advance your knowledge by learning new tools and techniques to coach a scrum team.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.