iRobot is seeking new growth by diversifying beyond floorcare into adjacent categories by offering new products and experiences to the iRobot customer base. As a Technical Program Manager in iRobots Research and Development Organization, you will provide project and program management leadership to the adjacent products cross-functional program team to successfully support iRobot products and initiatives in this new category. Responsibilities will include organizing and facilitating necessary team meetings, driving timely completion of action items, and communicating status with corresponding documentation. The Program Manager will create and maintain project plans including resource allocation, budget management and schedule performance. The Program Manager will prepare documentation and information needed to support cross functional discussion and decision making.
What You Will Do:
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of product development best practices, coupled with system thinking and excellent organizational skills. The leader we are looking for will have a demonstrable past track record of success in leading development of products and innovative technologies through well thought-out and transparent delivery plans. This role requires a detail oriented leader with strong organizational and communication skills. Experience managing complex systems inclusive of electromechanical and software components, ideally robotics, is strongly preferred.
- Build strong relationships with technical subject matter experts by leveraging foundational understanding of the various iRobot cross functional disciplines
- Work with Product Management, cross-functional program teams, and software technical leaders to clarify and scope product/feature requirements
- Coordinate and synchronize multiple development teams and other internal groups to design, build, test, and release products on time and with excellent quality
- Make the right trade-offs, escalate issues if required, and concisely report development progress, status, cross-team milestones, issues, and risk burn-down across all required levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering Field or equivalent degree
- 5+ years within a technical product development role
- 3+ years of technical program/project management experience with a track record of successfully managing projects or complex initiatives or 3+ years of technical leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated acumen across a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple teams across broad range of technical domains
- Experience with product development processes
- Proven track record of exceptional capability in modern IoT physical product and/or digital experience development, and best practice program management methodologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership talents, communication skills, systems thinking, and customer focus. High level of emotional intelligence.
- Preferred - Working experience within an Agile environment as individual or project lead
- Preferred - PMP or SCRUM certification
- Experience in the robotics industry preferred but not essential.
In Return You Can Expect:
- Professional opportunities and challenges that will accelerate your growth
- Coaching and mentoring from your manager and senior team members on the team
- Highly collaborative and supportive colleagues
- Interesting and complex challenges
- The opportunity to innovate and have a significant impact on the organization