A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
The Actuarial Department is responsible for a variety of processes, including supporting the annual Medicare Advantage and Part D bids, monthly reserve setting, forecasting, and ad hoc analyses to support business decision making within claims, risk adjustment, clinical, and network functions. The Actuarial Analyst may be involved in evaluating new markets, designing new and enticing products, and monitoring the performance of our health plan operations. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward through insightful analyses.
Responsibilities may include:
- May be responsible for supporting a subset of actuarial functions, including (but not limited to) MA-PD bid support, pricing, reserving and valuation, regulatory management, forecasting and budgeting, compliance, and health plan operations.
- Prepare reports and present findings to Actuarial and Executive management.
- Design models and analyses to solve novel questions and inform strategic decision making.
- Collaborate with business and technical staff outside the Actuarial Department to improve organizational decision making and institutionalize tools.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise in regional and national managed health care trends and best practices, seeking opportunities to translate those to Devoted Health.
Attributes to success:
- Must be analytical, with the ability to compile actuarial data and develop/maintain queries with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Functional expertise with an understanding of the key financial drivers of Medicare Advantage health plan operations.
- Strategic ability to understand the business at large and connect mathematical and financial relationships across the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment.
- 3+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, with a focus on Government Programs.
- Technical proficiency in all aspects of statutory health care actuarial practice including pricing, reserving, and data reporting.
- Experience in Medicare Advantage, including development of the annual bid (and related reviews and audits), reserving, and provider reimbursement.
- Broad understanding of managed care business and financial principles such as underwriting, medical management, physician reimbursement, and risk management.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.