Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving an $85B+ market. In addition to property management, Mynd helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has rapidly expanded into 24 markets.
Mynd is the first proptech company of its kind to combine technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments and was recently named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020.
On June 1, 2021, Mynd announced a deal with Invesco Real Estate that will propel Mynd to be one of the largest buyers of SFR homes in the country. Invesco Real Estate, a global real estate investment manager, is investing capital into the Mynd business, as well as partnering with Mynd as an institutional investor with a capital commitment of up to $5 billion dollars across multiple strategies to acquire 20,000 homes.
About the role:
The Acquisitions Associate will make single family real estate rental (SFR) investments across multiple geographies and strategies. You will work side-by-side with a best-in-class team to build a large portfolio for institutional investors.
You love to win deals and will deploy millions of dollars. In service of these goals, you will perform deep qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform acquisitions decisions at scale, and support transactions from inception to close. This is an ideal position for someone who has a passion for real estate investment within a tech-enabled environment that is scaling rapidly.
Mynd is at a unique junction in its journey and is poised for hyper growth. Our new Invesco partnership will allow us to make substantial investments in SFR over the next several years and accelerate our trajectory to become the largest SFR investor in the US. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for real estate, curiosity for problem solving, and a collaborative approach to everything you do.
- Underwriting single-family rental investment properties
- Financial modeling; qualitative and quantitative analysis for the purpose of improving systematic underwriting on large quantities of homes across various channels (eg MLS, B2R, portfolio)
- Working collaboratively with various departments (i.e. data science, product, growth, etc) to improve underwriting systems
- Bachelors degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
- 2+ years of experience with Real Estate underwriting, preferably for investment purposes
- Prior experience with single family and/or multifamily assets
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills, especially working with spreadsheets
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Data-driven, tech savvy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity in a high-growth startup environment
- Passion for real estate and investing
- Desire to work in a high-tempo, high-growth, team-oriented organization
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an A Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.