The Accounts Payable Specialist role is responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, including invoice processing, employee expense reimbursement, purchasing cards and Check / ACH / Wire disbursements.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Detailed understanding of all Accounts Payable functions, including invoice processing, employee expense reimbursement, purchasing cards and Check / ACH / Wire disbursements.
- Utilize and maintain accounts payable module and spreadsheet software.
- Research and resolve vendor billing discrepancies.
- Ensure that all automated billing activity has been successfully processed.
- Receive and verify invoices, and ensuring that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures, account codes, in addition to having required approval.
- Request W-9 forms from new vendors, add, modify, and close vendor profiles.
- Maintains accounts payable files and records.
- Assists with preparation and documentation of month end accruals and other monthly closing support.
- Manage workflows to ensure fast processing and approvals of payments.
- Establishing good relationships across departments and business units to obtain proper approvals for invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure that accounts are up to date and correspond with vendors to clear discrepancies.
- Support accurate and timely A/P disbursements, including scheduled payment runs and off-schedule check requests.
- Follow established Accounts Payable policies, procedures, and control processes to ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable.
- Organize and sort incoming mail in preparation for processing.
- Support the external auditors in periodic testing and account analysis requests.
- Reconcile credit card statements with applicable invoices.
- Maintain relationship with internal employees and suppliers, providing timely feedback to inquiries.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required to back-up and support the organization.
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- Able to meet strict deadlines and work within operating cash parameters at any given time.
- Solid experience in Accounts Payable role or an equivalent combination of education and experience to sufficiently perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent knowledge of billing and collection procedures.
- Familiarity with accounting principles.
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel with overall high level of computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow employees and management.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also on your own.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
- Project Management skills.
NWN Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer: NWN Carousel provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.