Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We are seeking an AP / General Accountant who will work directly with the Controller on tasks related primarily to the procurement to-cash cycle. This position will also interact with managers from all departments within the company. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally as a team and be independent and willing to bring new ideas to the table. The ability to work under tight deadlines and a strong acumen within the AP Function is essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Setup and maintain vendors as needed.
- Process invoices from Vendors / Credit Card purchases.
- Coordinate with credit card holders to ensure that all credit card receipts are submitted to Accounting.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closings including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to process improvements for the overall department.
- Support the Controller with financial reporting and expense data analysis.
- Update and strengthen internal controls and procedures.
This job might be a good fit if you have the following:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Process driven
- Commitment to self-improvement
- Willingness to learn and grow within the Accounting function
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an Accounts Payable function
- Demonstrated self-directed work ethic is required; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Bill.com accounts payable module or similar AP solution a plus
- Experience with LinkSquares or other document management software a plus
- Netsuite experience a plus