Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
- Manage the billing, collections, and cash applications processes and functions
- Maintain accurate and up to date A/R ledger at the customer level
- Manage Daily Sales Outstanding reporting and analysis, highlighting trends, risks, etc. to enable actionable steps
- Ensure efficient and effective collections of A/R in partnership with Sales/Operations Collaborate with various Sales/Operations teams
- Analyze customer accounts and prepare bad debt analysis in support of allowance for doubtful accounts analysis at least quarterly
- Manage 3rd party collections vendor, if applicable
- Develop and document department policies and desktop procedures
- Create repeatable and automated processes that support the OTC cycle
- Develop/design and implement strong internal controls
- Partner with IT to create efficiencies and controls through automation
- Lead transition of new acquisitions into Thrasios OTC process and systems
- Review and document complex customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with ASC 606, Revenue RecognitionConsult Technical Accounting on complex and/or non-standard revenue accounting matters
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for respective area of responsibility
- Oversee monthly financial close processes, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, flux analysis, controls, certification, close calendar, providing financial statement support as needed, etc. reconciliations and flux analysis related to revenue, AR Test, monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Work cross functionally with various business partners on processes, policies, key system improvements, and initiatives
- Provide training opportunities to internal staff on revenue accounting process and technical accounting matters
- Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to staff in support of professional development
- Manage continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes, including automating and streamlining revenue accounting systems, to create efficiencies and scalability
- Assist both internal and external auditors with understanding processes, controls, reports, etc. as well as support timely execution of the annual audit .
- Maintain organized, accurate, and complete accounting records and documents
- Support M&A activities for revenue related areas, including integration.
- Prepare/review ad-hoc revenue and collections analyses as requested
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
What you bring to the party
- 8+ years of related accounting experience, with at least 1 year of management experience preferred
- In-house accounting experience and wholesale revenue accounting experience highly preferred
- BS degree in Accounting and CPA required
- Retail and/or consumer products industry experience a plus
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Well-versed in revenue contracts review with identifying issues that may impact revenue recognition
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Understand big picture and be willing to dig into the details to resolve issues
- Experience working with an ERP system; system implementation experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Process improvement mindset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details in multiple locations
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.