ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
At ezCater, the Finance & Accounting teams drive financial strategy, orchestrate the company-wide capital allocation process and maintain the sound controllership environment that enables the successful growth of our business. The Accounting Manager will play a key role in ensuring the day to day accounting operations run smoothly, while continually driving ideas for automation, efficiency, and improved internal controls, to move the business forward.
What You'll Do:
- Manage our daily accounting activities including, but not limited to, the general ledger, month-end financial close process and global consolidations
- Implement and maintain an effective internal control environment
- Manage our accounting systems and infrastructure to drive controls, efficiency, and accuracy of all financial reporting processes
- Review journal entries as well as prepare and review GL account reconciliations
- Review and analyze balance sheet and P&L account fluctuations and trends
- Partner with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests
- Develop a best-in-class financial close process through use of automation as well as developing scalable and efficient processes
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
What You Have:
- 6 or more years of progressive accounting experience in a publicly-traded company environment, with at least 2 of the years in a management position
- CPA license and/or management experience are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key accounting principles
- Advanced MS Excel skills are critical
- Experience with Sage Intacct is a plus
- Relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Hands-on people manager with excellent judgment and ability to motivate teams
The national cash compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $155,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when youre in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.