Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products and tools make saving and investing accessible, affordable and simplified, in order to help our users build and grow generational wealth. We are seeking a highly creative, energetic and growth-driven internal controls accounting manager who will partner with leaders across the company to lead the development and execution of our SOX internal controls program. This position will report into our Controller.
What you'll do:
- Develop our internal controls program from design through implementation
- Lead our SOX risk assessment, scoping and planning
- Create and maintain end-to-end process documentation around key processes such as narratives, flowcharts, and risk and control matrices
- Assess reports used in performance of key controls and collaborate with report owners to document report parameters
- Identify recommendations and work with control owners to implement process improvements to drive scalability and continuously improve the companys SOX compliance initiatives
- Perform testing of design and operating effectiveness of controls; collaborate with control owners to maintain appropriate controls documentation
- Monitor process and system changes resulting from growth and automation of processes
- Summarize and communicate to executive management noted issues, risks, and business impacts of control deficiencies and track remediation
- Develop knowledge of critical subject matter areas around key business processes
- Work closely with external audits and third-party advisors to ensure our controls environment meets industry and reporting standards
- Assist with ad hoc accounting and strategic initiatives, as needed
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant accounting and SOX internal controls experience at a public company
- Big 4 public accounting experience on SOX audits is a plus
- An appropriate certification in accounting or auditing, such as a CPA
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate cross-functionally and influence process owners to obtain buy-in and drive change
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.