Quality isnt just a goal. Its the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where every company is now a software company is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. Thats why its our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed especially when its needed most. And were looking for people to join us.
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of the accounting organization overseeing the processes to ensure that all employee related compensation costs as tracked, accrued and paid accurately and timely. The individual in this role will interact with many other groups within the organization including significant interaction with sales management and human resources. The Compensation Accounting Manager reports to the VP, Corporate Controller and oversees the senior accountant responsible for compensation accounts.
- Oversee the domestic payroll process which includes bi-weekly multi-state payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees and special pay-cycles aligning to different roles and departments (e.g. monthly commission, quarterly commission bonus, etc.)
- Ensure that all regulatory filings associated with compensation are performed as required by the companys payroll.
- Manage the sales commissions process (including calculating, adjusting, and processing) and other variable compensation for the global sales organization including monthly close accruals and final pay out calculations.
- Own the sales commissions tool and implement commission plan calculations into the tool.
- Work with Sales Operation group to manage all Compensation Plans and review the detailed calculations to ensure proper master data entry in the commissions tool.
- Review all commission calculations to ensure accuracy and that amounts are calculated within the parameters of the individual compensation plans and overall company policy.
- Provide support to the Sales Management Team in response to inquiries regarding commission calculations, payouts and any related deductions
- Assist sales management, human resources and senior finance management with compensation plan design
- Manage deferral of commissions related to ASC 606 accounting guidance.
- Partner with cross functional teams including sales, human resources, finance and legal
- Review the monthly close process for compensation related balances, including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage, implement and improve internal controls and best practices associated with the payroll and commissions processes.
- Assist with financial and tax audits for a global business
- Manage the annual 401k external audit process.
- Perform other duties, ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities; multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to openly communicate across all levels of the organization, including with effectively to senior management in both written and verbal communications
- Ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information for all employee levels
- Accountable for work performed including strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to lead a team to deliver consistently accurate and timely results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of employees within different areas of the business.
- Curious about processes and driven to help to automate, streamline and document existing and recommended processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with HRIS preferably ADP or similar comprehensive system
- Experience with Xactly Incent or similar commission calculation and management systems is strongly desired.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP systems
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use and will use. Whether its TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, theyre easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. Were used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever youre going, well help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.