EF is now recruiting an Accounting Manager to join our real estate team at our US headquarters in Cambridge. We are looking for a driven and communicative person who shares EFs core values. As an Accounting Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to kick-start an international career in a truly global business and organization. EF hires for careers, not roles.
This position provides immense opportunities for growth and ownership, and opportunities to contribute to fast-paced business decisions and planning activities. The position requires the ability to work and communicate across numerous functional areas within EF.
What you'll do:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations of multiple real estate entities
- Accounts payable & vendor management manage vendor relationships, including timely processing of invoices and ensuring timely payments
- Fixed assets management - maintain details of the real estate portfolio via the asset system, manage capitalization for new investments & projects and depreciation calculations in a timely manner
- Budget management & forecasting - prepare annual budgets with quarterly updates & analytical review to assist in management decision making
- Internal and external financial audit assistance assist in the preparation of financial statements, supporting documents, correspondence, audit confirmations, and responses to any inquiries from the auditors
- Other responsibilities - ensure proper recording of intercompany transactions and cash flow management for real estate operations and construction budgets
- Together with other team members, identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Communicate and work directly with accounting & real estate development teams
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience with a team of accomplished and motivated people in a truly international environment. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Five or more years of experience in the field of accounting
- Strong communication (written & verbal), attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Oracle Fusion advantageous
- Real estate company experience meriting
- Enjoys collaborating and being on a team
Why youll love working here:
Work in our North American headquarters where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run EFfinity groups, community groups, and clubs. You can expect:
- Paid international travel
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home flexibility work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Four weeks paid vacation your first year and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com