Its an exciting time to join our Sales team! Ellevation is growing, and were adding to our product suite to improve the impact well have on ELL programs across the country. We are looking for an Account Manager to spearhead year-to-year K-12 district renewals and expansions.
As an Account Manager, you will help Ellevation partner districts broaden district adoption in order to achieve company revenue targets. You will also play a key role in identifying regional trends, collecting feedback from partners, and collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to inform product development. And most importantly, you will help thousands of educators take advantage of a software solution that helps English Language Learners achieve their highest aspirations.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Gain an understanding of our products, their value, and how to technically demo to partners.
- Review our sales playbook and pricing structure.
- Learn your assigned territory and develop a strategic territory plan.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Become proficient and able to independently present all Ellevation products to external audiences.
- Collaborated with your regional team to understand your territories education policy, pricing nuances, and instructional initiatives.
- Worked with the Partner Success team on engagement strategy for states and districts.
- Introduced yourself to all of your assigned accounts and begun conducting demos, renewal calls, and other engagement meetings.
- Independently tracked all sales activity in Salesforce and utilized other business systems.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Effectively closed renewal contracts.
- Efficiently managed and grew your sales pipeline of up-sell opportunities.
- Become an expert in your territory on value proposition, policy, and product applications.
- Collaborated with the Partner Development Manager, Partner Development Associate, and Partner Success Manager to engage your region.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Met or exceeded your sales quota for the year.
- Built deep relationships with stakeholders in your key districts.
- Created an ongoing pipeline to support your sales goals.
- Shared insights and helped shape sales strategy with sales leadership.
- 2+ years experience successfully selling to the K-12 market;
- Experience and knowledge of the ELL landscape;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels;
- Ability to succeed in a competitive selling environment.
- Travel requirements: Up to 50% with seasonal peaks
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Seamless technology integrations so you're always connected (Zoom + Slack)
+ All-company offsites in Boston, twice a year!
+ Team & Division offsites
+ Virtual happy hours
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as Best Tech Workplace for Diversity from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but theres more work to be done.