Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
The Account Executive will be a self-motivated sales professional to drive growth of current and potential new products. The Account Executive will take ownership of executing targeted sales strategies to achieve sales objectives and impact business growth. The Account Executive will drive growth of the business through a thorough understanding of the assigned territory and establish and maintain professional relationships with groups to maximize new business opportunities. The AE will develop new and lasting relationships with referral sources through tactful engagement and well-executed sales presentations. The AE will partner with the operations team to resolve customer service issues and to ensure high-quality service to customers.
Experience to include:
- Proven sales performance in a diagnostic company
- In-depth product knowledge and knowledge of disease states in current field of expertise
- Rheumatology sales & existing relationships with key accounts a plus
- Documented successful development and execution of quarterly business plans
- Working knowledge and application of HIPAA laws, privacy, and ethics surrounding patient privacy and information
- Performance oriented, consistent with Scipher culture
- Grit and perseverance in the face of obstacles and challenges
- Ability to resist pressure to compromise corporate values despite pressure to make sales
- Track record of demonstrating integrity, even when inconvenient
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Adaptable as we pivot
- Start-up, roll up sleeves, goal oriented
Travel: +/-25% local/territory-based travel and sales meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA or BS degree (MBA or advanced degree a plus)
- Knowledge of the Diagnostic Services industry. Molecular Diagnostic experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence and align at all levels of the organization
- Must be effective working in a team environment with strong collaboration skills to gain alignment within an organization
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word and CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets safe and satisfactory criteria