About the Company and Team
Intralinks is the leading worldwide Fintech SaaS solution for the global banking, deal-making and capital markets communities. Our industry leading technology enables the secure flow of information, empowering the largest banks and companies around the world to execute deals more productively, safely, and with complete confidence.
The Advisory sales organization is responsible to build and maintain the Intralinks value proposition within the Investment Banking community focused on Mergers and Acquisitions. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated Account Executive to represent Intralinks as we continue to expand our market share as the leading virtual data room provider. The Account Executive is responsible for selling virtual data room services for merger & acquisition (M&A) purposes to all levels within the advisory services communities which consist of investment banks and law firms. This is a fast-paced team with a high volume of transactional business at established accounts. Intralinks is utilized as a cloud content management tool in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises, corporate restructuring, and other strategic transactions. Given the importance of penetrating the top-tier accounts, this individual may be assigned to work as part of a sales team or independently to sell to prospects and existing clients with the purpose of ensuring our platform is the preferred provider of data room services in all assigned accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow a successful sales career with a company with proven technology and strong brand awareness.
- Identify and establish relationships with investment bankers through prospecting and marketing leads for new accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts.
- Leverage Solution Selling techniques to drive the sales process and close opportunities through expert negotiation including managing the contract and approval process for new deals.
- Develop sales strategy and account plans, leveraging data, to gain greater market share, prioritize and segment your accounts, and identify key go to markets.
- Proactively research M&A and customer industry trends with the intent of providing value added customers insights in support of the customers deal making process and business objectives.
- Deliver unique Intralinks value propositions to customers through a variety of channels including field, phone meetings, social media, and virtually. Employ value-based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution for unique audiences.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through consistent outbound activities, delivering quality discovery calls and meetings, providing consistent training on new platform capabilities, providing exceptional customer service, and proactively delivering solutions that solve customer business pains.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver exceptional value and experiences to customers including partnering with Customer Success, Customer Support, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, and Sales Operations.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales based activities.
- Identifies the need for, and collects, information to better understand client issues and problems. Collects account history from all relevant Intralinks organizations and published sources.
- Uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator to locate new senior Advisory professionals and builds on these contacts to create business relationships.
- Conducts opportunity and account review sessions with manager and maintains accurate forecast.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce.com CRM system related to the account(s).
- Contributes to the development of sales strategy through input of ideas and suggestions to senior management team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of business experience that may include relevant internships.
- (Including) at least 12 months relevant sales experience and proven success achieving quota in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to run customer meetings, product demonstrations and customer presentations.
- Ability to successfully prospect, conduct client presentations and high-level demonstrations as well as manage an entire sales cycle with the goal to generate new business and grow existing revenue streams.
- Strong account management, territory management, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a highly transactional book of business, with a focus on driving a large amount of sales activity into the defined territory list.
- A positive attitude, strong cross functional teamwork, and professional demeanor along with the flexibility to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with many clients.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM and web-based technologies such as LinkedIn and Mergermarket.
- Language skills (English).
- Solutions selling experience + formal sales training is a must
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a quota bearing SaaS sales role.
- Salesforce.com experience.
- General knowledge of mergers and acquisitions and broader financial services industry.
- Good working knowledge of SaaS environments, business applications, industry trends and initiatives.
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.