Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. It all started in 2006 when Langley SteinertTripadvisors cofoundergathered a small team of developers to help bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, were the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and weve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurusour employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Account Executive will focus on growing CarGurus' existing customer base in the US market by building strong relationships within a book of dealer clients. It will be your responsibility to work with Business Development, Product Specialists, and Account Managers to ensure high levels of product and customer retention. Within this role, you will:
What you'll do
- Create, preserve, and grow relationships within a designated book of business through prospecting, sales calls, and rapport-building
- Identify and close cross-sell/up-sell opportunities using the CarGurus suite of products
- Grow your book of business through new acquisition opportunities in partnership with Business Development
- Increase revenue per client by re-negotiating subscription rates
- Work with an Account Manager to ensure high customer retention within your book of business
- Work with a Product Specialist to introduce your book of business to and sell CarGurus' newest product offerings
- Accurately forecast monthly sales and retention achievement to management
- Contribute feedback to the larger CarGurus organization by utilizing strong analytical thinking, presentation, and problem-solving skills
What you'll bring
- 1-2 years of proven inside sales experience and closing ability
- Strong account management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong internal motivation
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Sales is desired but not required
- Sandler Sales Training is a plus
- SaaS or Auto Industry Experience is a Plus
- Travel is recommended by not necessary or required
- The role requires higher levels of collaboration with multiple teams, mostly with the field team
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialstarting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Thats why we hope youll apply even if you dont check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.
US employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. #LI-Hybrid