Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Account Executive will focus on growing CarGurus' existing customer base in the US market by building strong relationships within a book of dealer clients. It will be your responsibility to work with Business Development, Product Specialists, and Account Managers to ensure high levels of product and customer retention. Within this role, you will:
What You'll Do:
- Create, preserve, and grow relationships within a designated book of business through prospecting, sales calls, and rapport-building
- Identify and close cross-sell/up-sell opportunities using the CarGurus suite of products
- Grow your book of business through new acquisition opportunities in partnership with Business Development
- Increase revenue per client by re-negotiating subscription rates
- Work with an Account Manager to ensure high customer retention within your book of business
- Work with a Product Specialist to introduce your book of business to and sell CarGurus' newest product offerings
- Accurately forecast monthly sales and retention achievement to management
- Contribute feedback to the larger CarGurus organization by utilizing strong analytical thinking, presentation, and problem-solving skills
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of proven inside sales experience and closing ability
- Strong account management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong internal motivation
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Sales is desired but not required
- Sandler Sales Training is a plus
- SaaS or Auto Industry Experience is a Plus
- Travel is recommended by not necessary or required
- The role requires higher levels of collaboration with multiple teams, mostly with the field team
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.