Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are looking to bring on board bright, motivated team members across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated 3D Printing Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience operating and managing numerous additive manufacturing machines and technologies.
- Supporting the overall day to day operations of metal part processing among Desktop Metals suite of systems, including slice, print, debind, depowder, sinter, 3D scan, etc.
- Executing successful part requests for both internal and external customers on time.
- Using software tools to track part workflow, quality metrics, and machine modifications.
- Communicating part and machine statuses as well as hardware and part issues back to impacted teams and team members.
- Sustaining 5S standards in labs to maintain an efficient and organized operation.
- Understand prospect/customer goals, needs, problems, expectations and timelines.
- Demonstrate expertise in Desktop Metal equipment, materials, and software.
- Report and support engineering teams about any problems and enhancements for all Desktop Metal offerings (including Process Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Appliance).
- Demonstrate expertise in pre-processing and post-processing technologies (3D CAD, surface finishing of parts, machining for tolerances, 3D scanning, etc).
- Troubleshoot and be first line for any repairs of equipment.
- Passion for additive manufacturing.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to continue learning about new technologies and their applications.
- Experience with various software tools for managing workflow.
- Demonstrated capability to contribute at a high level both individually and in teams.
- Ability to resolve issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- Ideally 1-5 years experience with additive manufacturing technologies and processes or similar.
- Experience in metal powder based additive technologies.
- Experience in hands-on fields, including HVAC, furnace operation, etc.
- 3D printer slicer software experience (Cura/Insight).
- High temperature metal processing.
- Chemical handling.
- Process troubleshooting.
- 5S operations.
- Additive support generation design experience.
- SolidWorks/OnShape/Spaceclaim/CAD experience or equivalent.
- Magics/Netfabb experience or equivalent.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.