Last night, the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) held the sixth installment of their annual awards show, the NEVY Awards, at the House of Blues in Boston. As with past years, the event acted as a celebration of New England's tech and life science industries.
After last year’s Mardi Gras theme and the country western theme the year prior, the event further stepped up its game with a “Stah Wahs” theme called, “Episode VI: Return of the NEVYs.” And in case you're wondering, yes, there absolutely was Jedi cosplay, and lightsabers were handed out from sponsors like IDA Ireland and Underscore VC.
It was great fun all around, with plenty of food, drinks, and networking to boot. Of course, it's an awards show, so yes, plenty of awards were handed out. Here's the list of winners:
- Cybersecurity Company of the Year: Veracode
- Company of the Year in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Blockchain Technology: Circle
- Consumer Company of the Year: CarGurus
- Company of the Year in Robotics, Hardware, and Transportation Technology: Co-winners: Desktop Metal and Vesper
- SaaS/Software Company of the Year: Co-winners: DRIFT and iSee AI
- Company of the Year in CleanTech and Energy: Ionic Materials
- Revolutionary New Therapeutic or Platform Startup: Homology Medicines
- Deal/Exit of the Year for a Therapeutic or Platform Company: IFM Therapeutics
- MedTech Company of the Year: Vapotherm
- Healthcare IT Company of the Year: Devoted Health
- Inaugural Patient Impact Award: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Agios
- Fund of the Year nominees include: All nominees were winners: Accomplice, Canaan, Flybridge, Oak HC/FT
Congratulations to all of the winners! Check out our slideshow below with a bunch of pictures from the event.