Serverless NYC @ Oracle
Thank you Oracle for hosting and catering! We're meeting on the 26th floor.
Oracle security requires a valid photo identification and email address prior to entry and requires your full name.
6:30pm-7:00pm Welcome, Serverless Architecture Overview
Wayne Scarano, sga.com, Cloud/Cybersecurity Architect
7:00pm-8:00pm - Democratizing Serverless: the New Open Source, Cloud Agnostic Functions Platform
Jesse Butler, Cloud Native Developer Advocacy, Oracle
Serverless computing is one of the hottest trends in computing right now due to its simplicity and cost efficiency. Oracle recently open sourced a new project that enables developers to run their own Serverless infrastructure anywhere. The platform is container-native, enabling users to write functions in any programming language with excellent support for local development and testing. Fn even allows devs to “bring their own Dockerfile” such that ANY containerized code can be used as a function.
This talk will cover:
• How to use the functions platform with a demo
• Deploying functions in multiple languages
• How the platform is implemented including packaging, input and output via STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR
• The nitty gritty on running short-lived Docker containers and hot functions to increase performance
• Scaling functions with the included smart load balancer
• Constructing higher-level orchestrations using Fn Flow
"I am a member of the Cloud Native Developer Advocacy group within the Oracle Cloud organization. I grew up in systems and OS development and spent several years working on Solaris at Sun Microsystems, later joining Oracle and moving to Linux development. I'm currently focused on the developer experience with cloud native technologies on Oracle Cloud including serverless and the Fn Project.
8:00pm - 8:30pm - Networking