Programming for Non-Programmers - the Basics
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
Are you a creative or entrepreneur that wishes you could speak tech with your web development team? Maybe you wish you could code a bit yourself? Programming for Non-Programmers is workshop series at General Assembly designed to help non-programmers communicate more efficiently with developers or to help aspiring developers get started.
You will be introduced to a broad overview of programming and learn the following along the way:
The tech speak
- What is programming?
- What can you build with various languages?
- What is web development?
- The difference between a web site and web app
- Stages of web development
- The difference between front-end and back-end web development
- What are common programming concepts?
The basics of code
- Demo, read and update simple examples of code.