EnergyBar Off-Grid Edition: Startup Solutions for the Clean Energy Future
JOIN US FOR A SPECIAL EDITION OF OUR MONTHLY ENERGYBAR!
Calling all cleantech, climate action, water and environmental entrepreneurs, investors, and partners: join us on July 11 to hear from many members of the Greentown Labs community developing off-grid solutions for the clean energy future.
During the event you'll hear from:
- Eden GeoTech – Developing waterless reservoir stimulation techniques (electrical fracking) to replace hydraulic fracking in the future.
- OffGridBox – Providing affordable clean water and renewable energy in remote areas.
- Pecos Wind Power – Pecos Wind Power is developing a low cost community-scale wind turbine that uses an innovative tilt-up installation system to eliminate the cost of a crane and make distributed wind power cost competitive with solar.
- SparkCharge – Charge your electric vehicle whenever & wherever with our portable, ultrafast charging unit.
- Gridspan Energy – Gridspan Energy is pioneering mobile energy storage to enable affordable, reliable, resilient, and sustainable island electricity systems.
- Medley Thermal - Working to bring both energy and cost efficiency to the world of industrial process heating in steam-based systems.
Please join us for the evening to learn more about these clean energy companies and network with the founders and team members. See you there!
All registered attendees will be automatically entered to win a free prize at the end of the evening including Greentown Labs swag and a Grand Prize. Must be present to win.
- 5:30 – 6:15pm – Registration & Reception
- 6:15 – 7:30pm – Startup Pitches
- 7:30 – 8:30pm – Closing Remarks & Networking
Questions? We have answers!
Q: Who is Greentown Labs?
Greentown Labs is a community of bold, passionate entrepreneurs creating solutions for today’s biggest environmental and climate challenges. Located in Somerville, Mass., and founded in 2011, the Greentown Labs Global Center for Cleantech Innovation is the largest cleantech incubator in North America, operating a 100,000 sq. ft. campus comprised of prototyping and wet lab space, shared office space, a machine shop, electronics lab, and a curated suite of programs and resources. Greentown Labs is home to more than 90 startups and has supported more than 210 since its inception. These startups collectively employ more than 2,800 people and have raised more than $650 million in funding. The incubators’ mission is to provide entrepreneurs with the community, resources, and space they need to thrive. For more information, please visit www.greentownlabs.com or on Twitter,Facebook,orLinkedIn.
Q: What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Greentown Labs does not have any parking but we're a short 1-mile walk from the Harvard MBTA station down Kirkland and Washington Streets. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer indoor bike parking on-site and the three closest Blue Bikes (formerly known as Hubway) stations are at 33 Dane St., Conway Park and Union Square.
Q: What's the dress code?
Feel free to dress business casual.
Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Save the paper! No need to print your ticket.
Q: How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You could send a drone with a message but it's probably easiest to just send an email; please reach out to Jackie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org :)