Building Products for the Future with Ajay Yadav; CEO & Founder, Roomi
Are you interested in entertainment and love to code? Do you have an idea for an app that will disrupt the way we experience, consume or create content?
Then join us on August 10 - 11 for a special Entertainment-themed hackathon produced by the AT&T Developer Program. This event will bring together developers, designers, and creators to hack innovative and disruptive entertainment solutions. You bring the innovative ideas and designs and we'll bring the tech to help you transform them into apps in just 24 hours.
What is an entertainment hackathon? AT&T invites developers, designers, and creators to up-level the way we create and experience entertainment. That entertainment could be a movie, TV series, creator channel, game, sporting event, or other form of content. How would you innovate on the way that content is experienced? This experience could include an improvement in the mobile app viewing experience, adding a second screen like a tablet, or working with technologies like AI, VR/AR/MR, IoT, and robotics to enhance the experience. Consider all scenarios in entertainment such as monetization, social, accessibility, immersion, virtual assistants, usability, e-sports, or whatever your passion.
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and/or team-up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ with #atthack. Whether you are a developer, designer, project manager, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your skills are needed! This event will not feature an onsite team formation component so it's highly suggest you arrive with a team to work.
Quick presentations and code samples that help kick start your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools. We will also have loaner hardware on-site for you to use in your solutions.
The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 5PM - Doors open with dinner, networking and developer dating
- 6PM - Kickoff presenation and Featured Speakers
- 7PM - Pitch idea and form teams
- 12AM - Venue closes for the evening
- 9:00AM - The fun continues with coffee and breakfast served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 12:00PM - Lunch is served
- 4PM - Deadline for team registration (information will be provided onsite)
- 6:00PM - CODE FREEZE. Dinner is served.
- 6:30PM - Pitches start promptly at 6:30PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
Best Overall Entertainment App
- 1st Place - $1,000 in Amazon Gift Cards
- 2nd Place - $500 in Amazon Gift Cards
- 3rd Place - $250 in Amazon Gift Cards
Best Next Generation Advertising Solution or 2nd Screen Solution
- 1st Place - $500 in Amazon Gift Cards
Best Video or Game Solution
- 1st Place - $500 in Amazon Gift Cards
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 25% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 25% Weight - Originality of idea
- 25% Weight - Difficulty of the technical implementation
- 25% Weight - Design and polish of app/solution
All participants must turn in a consent form signed by their parent or guardian: https://goo.gl/hHpLMD.
Hackathon terms: https://goo.gl/tbzKXS
We expect all participants to abide by the Hack Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/attdeveloper.
Follow @attshape for live updates and photos from the event
"Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/attshape/
Post your own photos using #atthack
Join the AT&T New York Tech & Entertainment Workshops and Competitions meetup to stay up to date on local AT&T events.