Building Channels and Alliances to Sell Your Edtech Product
About this Event
Some edtech vendors stick to a familiar direct sales and marketing model that does not include partnering, which can limit their reach and slow their sales growth. From edtech startups to large vendors, strategic alliance and/or channel partnerships can serve to:
- Extend the reach of your sales team to key customers contacts with whom the partners have longstanding relationships and procurement processes, but your sales team does not
- Amplify your marketing to expand awareness and add credibility
- Expand the applicability and use cases of your products and services to more users via the partners' complementary offerings
- Increase the valuation of your company and potentially tee it up for an exit via acquisition by a larger partner.
This webinar will explore the strategic and tactical aspects of:
- What types of edtech vendors and products are most well suited for alliance and/or channel partnerships
- Different partnership models (cosell/comarket, reseller, distributor, "meet in the channel", OEM) and when and how they are best suited
- The level of effort and expected timeframe to recruit, onboard, enable, do effective sales and marketing teaming (including needed sales incentives for your reps to team with the partners' in the territories), and ramp to volume.
The webinar is open to everyone but is designed for entrepreneurs and sales leaders at edtech startups that have well-developed products and recurring revenue. If you are currently pre-revenue or in the paid-pilot stage, consider attending for ideas on how to expand your sales and marketing in the future.