July 13, 2010
Fizzlosophy: What are 3 startup marketing strategies to build a buzz around your company and product?
The topic for this week is:
What are 3 startup marketing strategies to build a buzz around your company and product?
Here is his response:
1. Target influencers, not customers
- Do more with less: targeting 100 influencers can help you reach thousands of customers.
- Research heavily: Finding influencers is not easy. Do your homework. Find out who the best people are to have talking about your brand.
2. Be memorable
- When you reach out to the influencers, make sure they’ll care enough to spread the word. When we FedEx’d chocolate covered grasshoppers, it was controversial. It created a “wow” response that in turn made them want to spread the word.
- Be unique. If it’s been done before, then it’s not going to be worth talking about.
3. Make it spreadable
- Make it easy for influencers to talk about your campaign. As simple as sharing a link via Twitter, Facebook, or their blog.
- If it takes too much effort, they won’t do it.