The VentureFizz Podcast: Mona Bijoor - Entrepreneur, Advisor, Author, and Investor.
For the 154th episode of our podcast, I interviewed Mona Bijoor, Entrepreneur, Advisor, Author, and Investor.
As her intro suggests, Mona has accomplished a lot throughout her career. She always knew that someday she wanted to start a company and it was her experience working in the fashion industry which led her to start JOOR. She recognized an opportunity to start a company that brought the antiquated wholesale buying process between brands and buyers into the digital era with an online marketplace.
In addition, Mona recently authored a book titled Startups and Downs: The Secrets of Resilient Entrepreneurs which was published back in September.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- What its like writing and getting a book published.
- Mona’s background story and what led her down the path of starting a company.
- All of the details on JOOR and how they modernized and disrupted the fashion industry.
- Her current role as a Partner with her investment firm, Kings Circle Capital.
- Hiring advice for first-time founders.
- When is the right time to raise venture capital funding.
- And more!
We are publishing this podcast in mid-December. As we are approaching the end of the year, we will be taking a bit of a break from the podcast. We already have lots of episodes with entrepreneurs and investors lined up for 2020. We’ll resume our normal publishing schedule starting January 6th. I hope you enjoy the holidays and here’s to a new decade!