The VentureFizz Podcast: Andrej Paule - Co-Founder and CEO of Sable
The concept of Sable was born based on Andrej’s own personal experience as an international student while attending business school at Columbia. The complexity and the process of getting a bank account set up was incredibly archaic and challenging. The same goes for obtaining a credit card and it all can take months to get set up.
Like any ambitious entrepreneur, especially one who was interested in the Fintech industry, Andrej took action. Along with his co-founders, Sable is making banking in the US for internationals easy. This NY startup recently graduated from Y Combinator’s summer cohort.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Andrej’s background and professional history.
- What led the team down the path of solving the problem of banking for internationals.
- All the details on Sable and how they got started.
- The challenges they had to be overcome while dealing with the complicated and regulated banking industry.
- Advice on the application process at Y Combinator and how to maximize your company’s time there.
- And more!
Whenever someone asks me who are the fastest growing tech companies in New York City or Boston, I simply direct them to our BIZZpages. From there, you can do a virtual tour of each tech scene and explore over 280 companies! Each BIZZpage tells you everything you need to know from a high level like the details on the company, culture, job openings, leadership team, and more! Go to venturefizz.com/bizzpages to start exploring!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!