The VentureFizz Podcast: Semyon Dukach - Managing Partner at One Way Ventures
Semyon’s professional journey started out in a rather unconventional manner. As one of the members of the famed MIT Blackjack team, he’s always had an incredible knack and drive for mastering whatever challenge was in front of him.
After living the life of a high roller, Semyon went on to become a successful founder of multiple tech companies but he found his true calling when he started angel investing and running the Techstars Boston program. He realized that his passion was really centered around helping other entrepreneurs succeed.
Today, Semyon is the Founder and Managing Partner of One Way Ventures, a venture fund that is focused on investing in immigrant founders.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Semyon’s own story as an immigrant who migrated to the U.S. from Moscow.
- How he became a member of the MIT Blackjack Team, which has been featured in movies, books, and documentaries.
- His experience as an entrepreneur and the companies that he founded.
- How he got into investing, where he made over 100 angel investments, plus his involvement with Techstars.
- All of the details on One Way Ventures and how they are helping immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Advice on generating interest from investors.
- Common mistakes made by entrepreneurs.
- And so much more.
Did you know that you can get customized job alerts delivered to your inbox every day? It’s a great way to keep informed of the over 4,000 jobs listed on VentureFizz and have jobs from a specific category sent directly to you. Don’t let that career-defining opportunity pass you by, go to venturefizz.com/email to sign up.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!