The VentureFizz Podcast: Alasdair McLean-Foreman - CEO of Teikametrics
The 800 meter race is said to be one of the hardest events for a runner. You need to have the long distance endurance combined with all-out effort as a sprinter. This is a perfect analogy for being an entrepreneur where you have to move fast, but you need to also think about the long haul for building a long-standing company for the future.
Thus, it’s fitting that Alasdair is a runner who specialized in the 800. He grew up in England before coming to America to attend Harvard, where he was the captain of the Track and Field Team. To help him buy textbooks, Alasdair began selling products out of his dorm room, which led to him becoming one of the first third-party sellers on Amazon. It was this experience that ultimately led him down the path of starting Teikametrics.
Teikametrics is the leading Retail Optimization Platform (ROP) for sellers on Amazon. They are optimizing billions of transactions for thousands of sellers, brands and agencies around the world to increase their overall sales and profits.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Alasdair’s journey to America to attend Harvard with only $900 in his pocket and two suitcases.
- The story of how he became an entrepreneur and how being one of Amazon’s first third-party sellers led him down the path to starting Teikametrics.
- All the details on their platform, how they are helping their customers, and growth plans ahead.
- Alasdair’s prediction on what the future of E-Commerce could end up looking like
- Advice on when’s the right time to raise funding.
- And so much more.
The VentureFizz Job Board is blowing up! There are so many amazing opportunities to check out across the hottest tech companies in NYC. You’ll find positions at all levels of experience across all job functions like product, engineering, sales, marketing, customer success, UX, and more. Go to venturefizz.com/jobs to start searching.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or SoundCloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!